Minimum Criteria for Recruiting a Health Care Professional
Before making an offer of employment we conduct a thorough verification process:
- Positive Proof of identity including recent photograph
- Two written references, linked to the requirements of the job, one of which is from the applicant’s present or most recent employer;
- Any gaps in an employment record are explored and explanations needed;
- NI checks are carried out (where applicants come from countries outside the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland, pre-employment checks are carried out with the national agency in the country of origin);
- Professional and vocational qualifications;
- Registration status with relevant regulatory bodies;
- A pre-employment health assessment is required;
- Current status of work permit/employment visa;
- Details of any criminal convictions or offences; and
- Details of any professional indemnity issues.
Staff are recruited and employed in accordance with relevant employment legislation and best practice guidance.